Capital One 2019 Breach Facts
Learn more about the mind-blowing Capital One data breach that occurred on 7/192019 according to a variety of media outlets.
Simply visit www.capitalone.com/facts2019 for more information.
Read about: How To Check Your Credit Score For Free
A good majority of the information obtained via the Capital One data breach included information associated with credit card applications.
Credit card applications include the applicant’s names, addresses, zip codes/postal codes, phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, and self-reported income.
Read about: What is Carfax?
Date Breach Facts (what was obtained)
- Customer status data, e.g., credit scores, credit limits, balances, payment history, contact information
- Fragments of transaction data from a total of 23 days during 2016, 2017 and 2018
- About 140,000 Social Security numbers of our credit card customers
- About 80,000 linked bank account numbers of our secured credit card customers
“While I am grateful that the perpetrator has been caught, I am deeply sorry for what has happened… I sincerely apologize for the understandable worry this incident must be causing those affected and I am committed to making it right.” said Richard D. Fairbank, Capital One Chairman/CEO
- jdpoweronline.com/vqs – Take a survey related to an automobile and will measure the quality of the vehicle
- TellANF.com – Obtain a $10 off coupon when taking a short survey in regards to an ANF purchase
- Talktomcalisters.com – All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used to improve the McAlister’s location in which the food was purchased
CapitalOne.com/Facts2019 Customer Service
- Questions in regards to the data breach can be directed to the Capital One customer service team at 1-877-383-4802
- If you’re currently outside the United States please dial 1-804-934-2001
- You can also reach out to the Capital One Fraud Protection at 1-800-427-9428 or 1-800-239-7054
- To Opt-out of marketing solicitations please dial 1-888-817-2970
How many people were affected?
According to Capital One, 100 million individuals in the United States and approximately 6 million in Canada were affected by this mind-blowing data breach.
If you think you were affected you should freeze all your Capital One accounts… NOW!