- Provides vital information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Perry v. Truong Giang Corp
- The case is listed as number BC539568 and will be held in the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
Truong Giang Corp. has reached a settlement in a class action lawsuit that accused it of making false and misleading statements when marketing some of its products. The lawsuit alleges that the company misled the consumers about the health benefits and safety of certain products between March 27th 2010 and March 30th 2015. Truong denies all and any action of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a lengthy drawn out trail that would cost millions.
TGC Lawsuit Settlement Notes
Read about: How To Check Your Credit Score For Free
- A fairness hearing has been set for 8/6/15
- TGC class members have until August 6, 2019 to exclude themselves from the settlement
- At this time no cash payment has been authorized to class members
- The following laws were violated according to class members; California’s Consumer Legal Remedies Act, Unfair Competition Law, False Advertising Law
- Any questions about the TGC Lawsuit can be directed to 1-844-360-8306
According to the lawsuit, the company claimed that the products could help with weight loss and were safe for consumption. It further accuses the company of failure to package the products with information that claims made were not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The plaintiff claims that this violated various state laws, and also amounted to a breach of the implied products warranties. While Truong Giang Corp. has denied any wrongdoing, they have agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the expenses and risks of a trial.
Products cited in the Perry v. Truong lawsuit include: 3 Ballerina Tea Dieter’s Drink Extra Strength, Double Sailing Ship Tea, 3 Ballerina Herbal Slim Capsules, Two Ladies Dancing with Tree Tea and Three Star Brand Special Tea.
Read about: What is Carfax?