AT&T Device Unlock
- Learn how to unlock an AT&T device online in a matter of minutes
- This service is designed for AT&T phones and tablets
- A must for all AT&T fan boys
AT&T is only allowed to unlock devices that are carried on their network and customers who are moving to a new network (i.e. Verizon) will want to reach out to their customer service department. AT&T customers who are taking an international trip do not have to unlock their phone as they can simply sign up for the popular International Day Pass will allow them to talk, text & use data they already have in over 100 countries (yes this includes Mexico!). Those who still need to unlock a device will have to follow the step by step instructions. To begin the customer will have to provide their wireless number and customer name (please note the device unlock service can be used for business accounts as well). Please note customers who committed to an early upgrade are NOT allowed to request to unlock a previous device before the 14-day buyer’s remorse period ends. AT&T reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud AT&T or its customers.
In order to unlock an AT&T device the devices must:
- Be designed for use on, and locked to, the legendary AT&T network
- Cannot be reported lost or stolen
- Cannot be involved in fraud
- Cannot be activated on another AT&T account
- The AT&T account must be activated for 60 days and in good standing
AT&T is a Dallas, Texas based multi national telecommunications firm. The AT&T corporate office can be reached via phone by calling 210-821-4105. Customers can also check out the AT&T online contact page in regards to customer support issues involving wireless, digital TV, Internet, home phone, or home security services.