- Activate a Union Card online
- The member will need to confirm their ID and information
- Designed for American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees
The AFSCME card activation process should take less than 2 minutes to complete and requires Internet access. The user will have to provide their AFSCME Member Number, email address, date of birth, and phone number. Any questions in regards to the AFSCME card service can be directed to Member Services at 855‑AFSCME1.
Who in the world is the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees?
- They are the largest trade union of public employees in the United States with more than 1.3 million members
- Founded in 1932 to represent 50 Wisconsin civil service employees at the time
- Based in Washington DC
The AFSCME represents workers from a variety of fields to include health care workers, corrections officers, sanitation workers, police officers, firefighters, and childcare providers. The firm is based at 1625 L St., NW Washington, D.C. 20003 (for lobbying purposes) and is divided into 3,400 local unions across 46 states. Current members who would like to receive American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees should Text JOIN to 237263 (members will receive less than 10 messages via text each month and they can cancel the service at anytime by texting STOP to quit or HELP for more info).